- Team: Risk
- Type: CDI
- Location: Paris, France
- Planning: Full time
- Position: Close
You are not only a jurist by training, but also by vocation. You love your field, but you have never quite felt at home as a traditional lawyer or in-house counsel.
You are not only a jurist by training, but also by vocation. You love your field, but you have never quite felt at home as a traditional lawyer or in-house counsel. Being pigeon-holed by specialization or treated like a legal rubber stamp isn’t enough for you. You want your expertise to contribute directly to strategic decisions, and you want to feel invested in the company’s success. You appreciate the value of teamwork in the context of a healthy working environment, and you are convinced that with a bit of curiosity and a lot of common sense, you could take on much wider responsibilities than commonly afforded to jurists.
If you are this person, we want to hear from you.
About the role
As Chief Legal Officer, you will be responsible for:
- all contractual documents including (i) client contracts (account agreements, loan contracts, standard terms and conditions, etc.) and (ii) service provider contracts (negotiating and drafting as necessary);
all guidance on the legal implications of business activity (new product launches, human resources, etc.).
As Head of Corporate Governance, you will be responsible for upholding our corporate obligations (organizing board meetings, ensuring compliance with the code of contact, etc.) and will work closely with the Compliance Manager in cultivating and maintaining relationships with the relevant regulatory bodies.
- Master 2 (or equivalent) with at least 7 years’ experience as an attorney or in-house counsel;
- You have already been involved with corporate governance issues in association with a board of directors or an advisory board;
- You are accustomed to working for and/or with legal firms, but you are also able to identify when using in-house resources would be preferable;
- You are a self-starter and able to find the information you need;
- You know how to engage with all sorts of stakeholders, and are committed and tenacious when it comes to getting things done;
- You are very organized and are good at keeping others posted on your progress;
- Your written and spoken communication is clear and concise.
You have one or more significant experiences in banking law.