- Team: Risk
- Type: CDI
- Location: Paris, France
- Planning: Full time
- Position: Close
Chief Risk, Audit & Compliance Officer
You are a tried and true banker. With over fifteen years’ experience in the banking sector and counting, you have done your share of leading teams and riding out crises. However, what stands out the most in your mind are the great projects you’ve had a hand in financing, and the deep sense of personal satisfaction that comes from seeing them through. Of course, you have also seen the dirty underside of the profession. On a bad day, you think its negative reputation is deserved. And yet, in your core, you know that when it is done properly, it is one of the best jobs in the world. Accustomed to the process-laden and hierarchical nature of traditional banks, you can’t help but think there is a better way. You dream of unleashing your talents – expertise in risk management and interpersonal skills – in a more unfettered environment (without sacrificing rigour and meticulousness, mind you).
About the role
The Chief Risk, Audit & Compliance officer, as Deputy Managing Director, is a key position in the organization and will be responsible for:
- defining, in consultation with the CEO, CFO, COO, and the Board, the bank’s risk appetite and tolerance;
- ensuring that the risks undertaken by the bank are well-managed and aligned with the aforementioned risk appetite;
- ensuring the smooth functioning of the bank’s major operations (onboarding, loan issuance, provisions and recovery, exit strategy, etc.);
- maintaining positive relations with various regulatory bodies as the main point of contact.
- You have at least fifteen years’ experience in banking, preferably with a significant focus on the French or European SMB market;
- You currently hold or have held a key leadership position in a Risk Management division including considerable involvement with credit applications;
- You know the key risk indicators to monitor in the context of lending activity;
- You are familiar with the banking regulatory environment as applicable to both France and Europe;
- You are extremely organized and able to effectively manage and prioritize several projects at a time;
- You are naturally curious, open, honest, straightforward, and a team player;
- You are known and appreciated for your management qualities;
- You adapt easily to varied and changing environments and are effective in a crisis situation;
- You are a self-starter capable of delegating, but also able to take charge as necessary.
- You have already worked as a Commercial Director in the banking industry, ideally with a focus on the French or European SMB market.
- You have expertise in matters related to data collection, processing, and analysis.